We Listen and We Act
The Only Choice When Family Matters.
for all your family law needs.
- Senior Attorney
Fort Lauderdale Florida Divorce Lawyer
Prior Legal Experience
Rebekah Brown-Wiseman is an experienced family law litigation attorney. This came from years of prior legal experience amongst which includes being a prior:
- Florida State Attorney that represented the Department of Children and Families in child custody and termination of parental rights cases.
- State of Florida Guardian ad Litem Program lawyer that represented the best interests of children in child custody cases.
- Family law attorney for both a large law firm and a boutique family law firm
The Law Office of Rebekah Brown-Wiseman exclusively handles family law cases. The firm recognizes the importance of being specialized in only family law to keep up-to-date with the current Florida family law statutes, rules and case law to vigorously represent her clients.
Lawyer With Social Work Experience
Florida's child custody statute requires that judges consider the developmental stages and needs of the child and the demonstrated capacity and disposition of each parent to meet the child's developmental needs when making child custody determinations. Ms. Brown-Wiseman has experience in social work, which is unique to the vast majority of family law attorneys which provides her with superior knowledge to litigate issues of child development and family systems in highly contested child custody cases. Amongst Ms. Brown-Wiseman experience includes:
- Former child therapist
- Master's degree in social work with a concentration in children & families
- Bachelor's degree in psychology
- Former Court social worker that evaluated malingering in individuals pleading insanity and incompetency defenses to criminal charges
Dedication to Family Law
Ms. Brown-Wiseman's 8th grade yearbook listed the anticipated future professions of each of the graduating students and she was given the prediction to become a family law attorney. This was after she had a personal experience testifying in her parents' divorce case. Ms. Brown-Wiseman had her first opportunity to help family law clients in 1998 when she worked at Harvard Law School's Hale & Dorr Legal Services. Ms. Brown-Wiseman has the determination to zealously advocate for her cases and has both the legal and social work experience to guide her clients step-by-step through the process.
Connections with Community Professionals
Not only do clients need a team effort within the firm, many family law cases need the assistance of additional professionals. Ms. Brown-Wiseman maintains connections with community professionals that already have stellular reputations with the Court. It is an advantage if the judge already is familiar with and trusts your expert witness. It is crucial that you work with expert witnesses who returns your telephone calls promptly, conducts the necessary work timely and maintains a team effort to develop a strong offense and defense for your case. Attorney Brown-Wiseman maintains relationships with psychologists, social workers, forensic accountants, vocational evaluation experts, private investigators, etc., to provide you with a list of recommendations or she can work with an expert witness of your choice.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law 100%
- Divorce (Dissolution of Marriage)
- Child Support and Spousal Support
- Custody / Timeshare
- Pre-Nuptial and Post-Nuptial Agreements
- Guardian ad Litem
- Case Western Reserve University Law School, Cleveland, Ohio
- Juris Doctorate
- Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
- Major: Children & Families
- Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Psychology
- Presenter, Helping Families Cope with the Divorce Process, Florida Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, 2006 to 2006
- Parent Education and Family Stabilization Course, Parents, Children and Divorce, 2004 to 2004
- Prior speaker , Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
Honors and Awards
- Former child therapist
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Broward County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- The Florida Bar, Family Law Section, Member
- Florida Association for Marriage & Family Therapy, Member
- Broward County Association of Matrimonial Family Lawyers
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Former child therapist
- Former Court social worker
Past Employment Positions
- Harvard Law School, Hale & Dorr Legal Services, Intern, 1988
- Hon. Peter M. Sikora, Law Clerk
- Department of Children & Families, Florida State Attorney
- State of Florida Guardian ad Litem Program, Attorney
Pro Bono Activities
- Guardian ad Litem Program Volunteer representing the Best Interests of Abandoned, Abused and Neglected Children, 2002
- Guardian, American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- 100 Percent Family Law Practice
- Evening Hours
- Call to begin a Consultation
- Major credit cards and debit card accepted
Long Standing Dedication to Family Law. Initially started in 1998 helping family law clients at Harvard Law School’s Hale & Dorr Legal Services.