We Listen and We Act
The Only Choice When Family Matters.
for all your family law needs.
- Florida State Attorney who represented the Florida Department of Children and Families in child custody and termination of parental rights cases.
- State of Florida Guardian ad Litem Program lawyer who represented the best interests of children in child custody cases.
- Family law attorney for both a large law firm and a boutique family law firm.
The Law Office of Rebekah Brown-Wiseman, P.A., exclusively handles family law cases. The firm recognizes the importance of being specialized in only family law to keep up-to-date with the current Florida family law statutes, rules and case law to vigorously represent her clients.
A Lawyer With Social Work Experience
Florida’s child custody statute requires that judges consider the developmental stages and needs of the child, and the demonstrated capacity and disposition of each parent to meet the child’s developmental needs when making child custody determinations. Ms. Brown-Wiseman has experience in social work, which is unique to the vast majority of family law attorneys which provides her with superior knowledge to litigate issues of child development and family systems in highly contested child custody cases. Amongst Ms. Brown-Wiseman’s experience includes:
- Former child therapist
- Master’s degree in social work with a concentration in children and families
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology
- Former Court social worker who evaluated malingering in individuals pleading insanity and incompetency defenses to criminal charges
Dedication To Family Law
Ms. Brown-Wiseman’s eighth grade yearbook listed the anticipated future professions of each of the graduating students and she was given the prediction to become a family law attorney. This was after she had a personal experience testifying in her parents’ divorce case. Ms. Brown-Wiseman had her first opportunity to help family law clients in 1998 when she worked at Harvard Law School’s Hale & Dorr Legal Services. Ms. Brown-Wiseman has the determination to zealously advocate for her cases and has both the legal and social work experience to guide her clients step by step through the process.
If you would like to learn more about Ms.Brown-Wiseman, please click on the link below.
Quality Team Effort
A successful law firm involves a team effort. Only exceptionally qualified staff work for the law firm, to wit:
- Renee Peluso – Ms. Peluso has worked on Florida family and marital law cases for 13 years, assisting with all aspects of family law, including case management, research, financial analysis and trial preparation. Ms. Peluso has a vast amount of paralegal experience working on complex divorce issues involving equitable distribution, child support, alimony, parental responsibility, timesharing and procuring evidence to challenge or support claims for the determination of non-marital assets. Ms. Peluso has comprehensive knowledge of the Family Court clerk’s rules and regulations to process legal documents efficiently through the Court system. She also has extensive knowledge of divorce planning software to prepare discovery, evidence and supporting charts for the Court.
- Shemekia Gadson – Ms. Gadson has 18 years of experience assisting Florida family and marital law cases attorneys. Ms. Gadson maintains positive relationships with the Court’s judicial assistants to ensure our clients obtain court dates as soon as possible. She maintains contacts at the clerk’s office to assist in expediting cases when needed. Ms. Gadson’s level of experience makes her exceptionally efficient at her job. She also is extremely sensitive to client’s undergoing an emotional time in their life and offers good advice and moral support.
Connections With Community Professionals
Not only do clients need a team effort within the firm, many family law cases need the assistance of additional professionals. Ms. Brown-Wiseman maintains connections with community professionals who already have stellar reputations with the Court. It is an advantage if the judge already is familiar with and trusts your expert witness. It is crucial that you work with expert witnesses who return your telephone calls promptly, conduct the necessary work timely and maintain a team effort to develop a strong offense and defense for your case. Attorney Brown-Wiseman maintains relationships with psychologists, social workers, forensic accountants, vocational evaluation experts, private investigators, etc., to provide you with a list of recommendations or she can work with an expert witness of your choice.
Professional Associations And Memberships
Broward County Association of Matrimonial Family Lawyers
American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
Florida Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
To “100 percent of the Law Office of Rebekah Brown-Wiseman, P.A. is devoted to family law cases.
Public Family Law Speaker
Ms. Brown-Wiseman has been a prior speaker for the Association for Marriage and Family Therapy and for the state required Parents, Children and Divorce class and presented a seminar on Helping Families Cope with the Divorce Process to the Florida Association of Marriage and Family Therapists.
To arrange a consultation about a divorce, paternity, adoption, modification or another family law issue, please call the Fort Lauderdale office at 954-563-1331 or click to instantly e-mail the law firm.
- 100 Percent Family Law Practice
- Evening Hours
- Call to begin a Consultation
- Major credit cards and debit card accepted
Long Standing Dedication to Family Law. Initially started in 1998 helping family law clients at Harvard Law School’s Hale & Dorr Legal Services.