We Listen and We Act
The Only Choice When Family Matters.
for all your family law needs.
Fort Lauderdale Attorney Handling Haiti Adoptions
If you are interested in adopting a child orphaned due to the earthquake, the Fort Lauderdale Law Office of Rebekah Brown-Wiseman, P.A., can help. Contact family law attorney Brown-Wiseman to find out how an adoption attorney can help you expand your family.
The 2010 Earthquake
In wake of the 2010 earthquake that devastated the Port-au-Prince area, many American families have explored the option of adopting orphaned Haitian children. The application process following the earthquake has been changing, so families looking to adopt should research before they proceed.
Information About Haiti Adoptions
- Prospective adoptive parents from the U.S. may have to appear before a Haitian justice of the peace to proceed with the adoption process.
- A prospective adoptive parent of a Haitian child must be at least 35 years old. However, if one prospective adoptive parent is over age 35 and one is under age 35, they can proceed with the adoption process provided they have been married for 10 or more years and have no biological children of their own.
Haiti has particular adoption requirements that can be confusing. Contact Fort Lauderdale adoption attorney Rebekah Brown-Wiseman to find out more about Haitian adoption rules and regulations. For more information, visit international adoptions.
Haiti Adoption Lawyer
Adoption can be a complex process. It is important to understand the process and ensure that you meet the requirements before pursuing the adoption of a Haitian child. Contact a Fort Lauderdale adoption attorney to find out more.
- 100 Percent Family Law Practice
- Evening Hours
- Call to begin a Consultation
- Major credit cards and debit card accepted
Long Standing Dedication to Family Law. Initially started in 1998 helping family law clients at Harvard Law School’s Hale & Dorr Legal Services.