Fort Lauderdale Adoption Lawyer
Creating Happy Families Through Adoption
Adoption is often one of life's most rewarding experiences. The adoption process, however, may seem intimidating. Adoption attorney Rebekah Brown-Wiseman is dedicated to guiding you through every step of the adoption with care, concern and professionalism. It is important to know that adoption is governed by state law and as such, if you reside in Florida and desire to adopt a child, it is imperative to hire an attorney proficient in Florida adoption law. The Fort Lauderdale law office of Rebekah Brown-Wiseman, P.A., practices in Florida and exclusively handles family law cases.
For more information, please select the type of adoption that interests you:
- Step-parent adoption: The adoption of a step-child is the most common form of adoption. Florida law has a simplified process to expedite step-parent adoption cases.
- Relative adoption: Adopt a grandchild, niece, nephew or other relative. Relative adoptions bypass some of the lengthy requirements in Florida for adoptions.
- Newborn and infant (domestic): These are typically open adoptions, in which the birth mother selects the family she wishes to raise her child.
- Foster children adoption: Choose foster children typically age one to seventeen through photos and biographies. Meet adoptable children to make that special child a permanent member of your family.
- Interstate adoption: If you reside in Florida and desire to adopt a child from another state, specific requirements set forth in the Interstate Compact for the Placement of Children must be met.
- International adoption: Adopt a child from another country, including children from Columbia, Ukraine, China, and Ethiopia. International adoptions are typically closed adoptions.
- Financial information: There is financial assistance available to qualifying parents who desire to adopt including the federal adoption tax credit, adoption subsidy for members of the military, and the Family and Medical Leave Act.
A Lawyer Who Understands Families and Children
Adoption attorney Rebekah Brown-Wiseman is a former attorney for the Florida Department of Children and Families and worked for the state's Guardian ad Litem program, protecting the rights of children in the legal system. She knows how important it is for children to have a stable, loving home. She is sensitive to the emotional concerns of adoptive parents as she guides them through the adoption process.
In addition to her law degree, Ms. Brown-Wiseman has an undergraduate degree in psychology and a master's degree in social work with a concentration in children and families. To learn more about adoption, please visit our adoption practice page. If you are considering adoption, please contact the Law Office of Rebekah Brown-Wiseman, P.A., in Fort Lauderdale. Call 954-563-1331 to arrange a consultation.