Rebekah Brown-Wiseman is an experienced family law litigation attorney. This came from years of prior legal experience amongst which includes being a prior:
- Florida State Attorney who represented the Florida Department of Children and Families in child custody and termination of parental rights cases.
- State of Florida Guardian ad Litem Program lawyer who represented the best interests of children in child custody cases.
- Family law attorney for both a large law firm and a boutique family law firm.
The Law Office of Rebekah Brown-Wiseman, P.A., exclusively handles family law cases. The firm recognizes the importance of being specialized in only family law to keep up-to-date with the current case law to vigorously represent her clients.
A Lawyer With Social Work Experience
Florida's child custody statute requires that judges consider the developmental stages and needs of the child, and the demonstrated capacity and disposition of each parent to meet the child's developmental needs when making child custody determinations. Ms. Brown-Wiseman has experience in social work, which is unique to the vast majority of family law attorneys which provides her with superior knowledge to litigate issues of child development and family systems in highly contested child custody cases. Amongst Ms. Brown-Wiseman's experience includes:
- Former child therapist
- Master's degree in social work with a concentration in children and families
- Bachelor's degree in psychology
- Former Court social worker who evaluated malingering in individuals pleading insanity and incompetency defenses to criminal charges
Dedication To Family Law
Ms. Brown-Wiseman's eighth grade yearbook listed the anticipated future professions of each of the graduating students and she was given the prediction to become a family law attorney. This was after she had a personal experience testifying in her parents' divorce case. The vast majority of children never see the inside of a courtroom; however, all children are affected by their parents' divorce. Ms. Brown-Wiseman had her first opportunity to help family law clients in 1998 when she worked at Harvard Law School's Hale & Dorr Legal Services. Ms. Brown-Wiseman has the determination to zealously advocate for her cases and has both the legal and social work experience to guide her clients step by step through the process.
Quality Team Effort
A successful law firm involves a team effort. Only exceptionally qualified staff work for the law firm, to wit:
- Audrey Greengrass - Ms. Greengrass has worked as a Florida family and marital law paralegal for 22 years, assisting with all aspects of family law, including case management, research, financial analysis and trial preparation. Ms. Greengrass has a vast amount of experience working on complex divorce issues involving equitable distribution, child support, alimony, parental responsibility, timesharing and procuring evidence to challenge or support claims for the determination of nonmarital assets. Ms. Greengrass has extensive knowledge of Florida Rules of Court and divorce planning software.
- Renee Peluso - Ms. Peluso has been a paralegal/legal assistant since 2005. Ms. Peluso maintains positive contact with the Court's judicial assistants to ensure our clients obtain court dates as soon as possible. Ms. Peluso knows the intricacies of the Family Court clerk's rules and regulations to process legal documents efficiently through the Court system.
Connections With Community Professionals
Not only do clients need a team effort within the firm, many family law cases need the assistance of additional professionals. Ms. Brown-Wiseman maintains connections with community professionals who already have stellar reputations with the Court. It is an advantage if the judge already is familiar with and trusts your expert witness. It is crucial that you work with expert witnesses who return your telephone calls promptly, conduct the necessary work timely and maintain a team effort to develop a strong offense and defense for your case. Attorney Brown-Wiseman maintains relationships with psychologists, social workers, forensic accountants, vocational evaluation experts, etc., to provide you with a list of recommendations or she can work with an expert witness of your choice.
Professional Associations And Memberships
Broward County Association of Matrimonial Family Lawyers
American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
Florida Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
100 percent of her practice is devoted to family law cases.
Public Family Law Speaker
Ms. Brown-Wiseman has been a prior speaker for the Association for Marriage and Family Therapy and for the state required Parents, Children and Divorce class and presented a seminar on Helping Families Cope with the Divorce Process to the Florida Association of Marriage and Family Therapists.
To arrange a consultation about a divorce, paternity, adoption, modification or another family law issue, please call the Fort Lauderdale office at 954-563-1331 or contact her by email.